Skip to main content

South carolina - child support reduction

Summerville, SC |
Filed under: Child support

i am paying over half of my income now ($1050) for 2 kids. my income over the last 3 years has gone from 6k to 3k,with a new child in my marriage. filed bankruptcy, lost my house, and my ex keeps trying to scare tactic me. i am current with paying on the new arrangment with arrears, however the judge said if i was late 1 day in 6 months that I would do 6 months. i have been a day late but am current now.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. I am assuming that the amount of child support you pay is based upon your prior income.

    If you have not already done so, you should file a support reduction complaint. You can
    obtain a sample of such complaint at this address