Sotalol/Betapace allergic reaction due to Doctor not following drug instructions lead to brain damage please help.

Asked 11 months ago - Vancouver, WA

My mothers doctor prescribed her sotalol/betapace which lead to her having an allergic reaction. She now has brain damage from her heart stopping. Her doctor did not follow the following:

To minimize the risk of induced arrhythmia, patients initiated or reinitiated on Betapace (sotalol) should be placed for a minimum of three days (on their maintenance dose) in a facility that can provide cardiac resuscitation and continuous electrocardiographic monitoring. Creatinine clearance should be calculated prior to dosing.

http://www.rxlist.com/betapace-drug.htm

If you can help please contact me

1. Elizabeth Hallock

8

Answered . This situation is very fact specific, and often it is an issue of the hospital protocol or staff not following directions rather than just the doctor. Either way, I'm sorry your mother is in this situation; most importantly, is she getting follow up care? It is really important that she be monitored and you get opinions from other doctors. Write down as much as you can remember, collect her records, and talk to an attorney.

2. Scott W Edwards

Pro

6

Answered . There are many great medical malpractice attorneys in Vancouver (our firm doesn't handle these cases bit if you would like to call me tomorrow I would happily give you a few names to call). Good luck.

Pro

7

Answered . Much more information is needed to evaluate this, so retain a local Vancouver attorney who can order your records to investigate. You may use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool

4. Tatiana Kadetskaya

6

Answered . What you would want to do is use the lawyer finder feature to find a Vancouver malpractice lawyer who will obtain the medicate records to look into it.

5. Robert Daniel Kelly

Pro

3

Answered . Chris Otorowski does medical malpractice cases. http://www.medilaw.com/