Skip to main content

Soon to be ex hiding money and 2 more jobs. Has over 50 cont. of court. Lies about everything. Judge is mad but dose nothing.

Minerva, OH |
Filed under: Divorce court

ex moved kids and myself out of our home and destroyed personal belongings and home. he lies about everything and laughs at the judges orders. going back to court for 4 more cont. of court in april for the sec. time. But papers say per-trial also. Married 17 yrs. 3 kids 1 with disablities. I have not worked in 16 yrs. I did start going to school again but he wants me to quit school and get a job. No clue to how they calc. spousial support. ready to fire my attorney for not doing her job. His girlfriends family are dangerous kids have been shot in the family. Please help us.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. This is a very complex situation that cannot be solved online. If you are not happy with your current attorney, you must find another one. If I were you, I would do this quickly. Best of luck to you.

    Attorneys on Avvo are donating their time. If my answer was helpful, please click "Best Answer" or "Helpful." I am licensed in Ohio. I handle cases involving family law, employment law, and civil rights law. The nature of Avvo means that you have provided no documentation or full case details; therefore, any answer cannot be relied upon as legal advice. I am not your attorney. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

  2. Your attorney is the one with whom you should discuss these issues - and if you're not satisfied with your attorney you should seek a second opinion in the county in which your case is being heard.

    Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

  3. Spousal support if pursuant to the factors here after a division of property.

    It's not a question that can be answered here. If you get a new attorney, do it before getting rid of the one you have now. Actually, with trial so close, you should sit down with your attorney and figure out the strategy he/she has in mind. If you fire your attorney, the court may or may not grant a continuance.

    Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics