Son was accused of plagiarism?

Asked over 2 years ago - Houston, TX

My son is a student in a public highschool and was accused of plagiarizing a paper for history class. He’s shown me and the school his notes, outline and rough draft to prove he didn’t purposefully plagiarize the paper but the teacher is still pushing for expulsion because it’s school policy. Is there any way for him to not be expelled for this seeing as it was unintentional?

1. 1

Answered . Your son is entitled to defend against this accusation in an internal administrative appeal. The school will, on your request, advise you of the details and requirement for accessing the admin appeal process, including the critical (and short) time deadlines. It is important to exercise the right to admin appeal as the accusation he is facing can have severe consequences for his future. You may want to engage legal counsel to signal to the school that this matter is not going to be received lightly.