Skip to main content

Son's dna neg. need a lawyer to remove last name from docs?

Texarkana, TX |
Filed under: Birth certificate

approx. cost?

Attorney Answers 3


There is not enough information here.

In general the name change of a child needs both parent's ok. Consult an attorney in person to discuss the specifics of your situation.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

1 comment

Michael Ross Miller

Michael Ross Miller


While there's not enough information to give any specific advice, Maria is right, hire an attorney, tell them everything and then proceed.


Do you know who actual father is? There may be several issues that arise with this situation, it is best if you consult a local attorney over the phone or in person in order to ensure that this is done correctly.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


What documents are you talking about? Acknowledgement of Paternity; Birth Certificate; Child Support Order?

Mark as helpful

Birth certificate topics

Recommended articles about Birth certificate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics