Professional legal advice for $39.

Avvo Advisor
Talk to a lawyer

Son is being verbally,mentally,in emotionally abused in discriminated by race, by teacher's. Do I have a lawsuit?

My son is being discriminated on by race, he's being verbally, mentally, emotionally abused by teacher's. He has had a teacher make a false serious allegation that got him suspended. Teacher's has said very inappropriate things to him. He has gotten racially bullied by students in the asst.principal disciplined my son. In when I made a complaint to the board of education about all of this. They did an investigation, in found that my complaint had merit in went in my favor. what should I do legally if i can?I'm not happy with the resolution to the problem it's still going on

Chicago, IL -

Attorney Answers (3)

Zachary Duncan Limbaugh

Zachary Duncan Limbaugh

Administrative Law Lawyer - Chicago, IL

Go back to the board of education and follow up with additional complaints about anything else that has happened since your last filing, continue to document all instances of improper conduct, and speak with an experienced attorney.

Justin G. Randolph

Justin G. Randolph

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

I sue the BOE pretty regularly for employees but not students. However, in my research on issues I have seen cases where parents have sued over civil rights violations committed against their children. There are time limits for suits so if what happened hasn't been resolved, or resolved to your satisfaction, it may be worth consulting with a civil rights attorney.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney... more
Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Chicago, IL

Follow on with the Board of Education. Keep good track to protect your son.

Related Topics

Emotional distress caused by personal injury

Emotional distress refers to the negative mental effects an injury has, including fear, loss of sleep, depression, and other effects.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.