Skip to main content

Son Doesn't Want to Visit Mother

San Antonio, TX |

I am currently in the process of going through a divorce. I am the father and have temp primary custody of our son. My wife was granted every other weekend visitation along with every Thursday evening. She doesn't utilize the time and has opted for 1 weekend night each weekend. The problem is that my son does not want to spend the night. He is 9 and says he wants to be home and that he is bored and scared at her apartment. He is scared to tell her because she tends to scream at him so he asked me to. My wife does not fdo well with these types of situations and will go into a rage if he would ask if he could visit and them come home at the end of the night. I feel awful for him...what can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Have the court modify the court order. Have a heaing and argue for the relief


You haven't indicated whether you and your wife are represented by attorneys in your pending divorce. Unless you and she can present an agreed modification of the temporary orders to the court, it is likely you will need an attorney to help you with this. If you are represented by an attorney you should be consulting with him/her about this. Ask your attorney about modifying the temporary orders in your case concerning overnight visits between the child and your wife. If you don't have an attorney I suggest you consult with a family law attorney who practices in your county right away about your options. You can probably find one who will consult with you once at little or no charge to you and you might wish to retain his/her services going forward.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer