Someone took pictures of me nude while I was sleeping, is this illegal?

Herndon, VA |

I was 100% not aware they were taken or being taken. He has them saved on a hard-drive and has been using them lately as blackmail because I no longer wanted to be friends with him. I'm curious if I can do anything about this? Thanks for any help!

1. If you are being blackmailed with these pictures, call the police or the state's attorney.

Good Luck.

Jeffrey Whitcomb
    Whitcomb Law Firm, Ltd.
    www.whitcomblawfirm.com

2. This violates the law here in Virginia. If you are underage, it violates federal child porn laws as well. Blackmail is another crime. Contact the local police and the Attorney General's Office and the local Commonwealth's Attorney for help.

Mr. Goldstein is a Virginia-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting Mitchell Goldstein or the Goldstein Law Group does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege until otherwise advised.