Someone tell me if the statement below is to object to the plaintiff discoveries? or by signing I agree to what I am accused?

Pasadena, CA |

I am the defendant in the above-captioned matter. I am familiar with the contents of the foregoing:
Defendant ______ Responses to Plaintiff's Special Interrogatories, set one

The information supplied therein is based on my own personal knowledge and/or has been supplied by my attorneys or other agents and is therefore provided as required by law. The information contained in the foregoing document is true, except as to the matters, which were provided by my attorneys or other agents, and as to those matters, I am informed and believe that they are true.

I declare, under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the state that the foregoing is true and correct.

You are confirming, under penalty of perjury, that the information included in your responses is truthful, and that you have personal knowledge of such. You should definitely consult with your attorney before signing anything. If you don't have one yet, GET ONE! Good luck.

That language is called a verification. It is required for written discovery responses. It refers to your answers being truthful, not the questions. If a question assumes facts, object to the facts it assumes in your answer. You can consult with a attorney on a limited scope basis to help you with discovery. You would remain a pro per, but could get help with unfamiliar issues, like the one you are having now. For more information see Many attorneys on Avvo offer LSR services.

Please note that attorney answers to questions, such as this one, are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Always seek advice from an attorney in person, over the phone or via email and do not rely on blogs, internet legal research, or posts such as this one. Thanks!

Civil motions topics

Recommended articles about Civil motions