Someone stole my phone, I don't want to do something that I would regret because I know who stoled my cell phone, it's my life

Baltimore, MD |

Ok at school this girl searched my book bag in the girls locker room and stoled my cell phone. The next day this girl that was in my gym class posted on instagram of herself with a new phone in her hand, that phone was my phone.The only girl who was missing in the locker room was that same girl that apparently left out early from gym class. This other girl said she stoled it from my book bag, and I have a photo from my friends phone.

Not identity theft

1. Report it to the school and call the police.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

2. I agree with my colleague. File a report with your local police department.

These facts alone do not lend itself to identity theft. If you suspect you're a victim of identity theft, you should make that report to the authorities as well. If that's the case, I would suggest you repost an inquiry to that effect as well and I'll be happy to provide more details. Also see our site, which has information and helpful forms for ID theft victims. www.OhioConsumerHelp.com

All the best to you.

NOTE: This Answer does not constitute legal advice. Every case is fact specific. To render a legal opinion, an attorney must engage in a consultation with a prospective client and review any pertinent documents. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Amy L. Wells or WELLS LAW OFFICE, INC.

3. Doing something you "regret," is worse than stealing a cell phone. Physical violence is not the answer. Simply report the theft to the school and to the police. You may wish to print the Instagram photograph before the girl deletes it.