Someone recently called anonymously dcf claiming there was substance abuse, child neglect.

Asked about 2 years ago - Miami, FL

I cooperated with dcf and took their drug test which I passed as well as let them talk to my son, take pics and giving them pediatrician info to check my sons records and see that my son isn't under weight. Then a week later there was another anonymous call with the same claims. I asked for them to leave my house and said that I wasnt going to cooperate, I don't feel that every time this happens especially within a week of the previous investigation do I have to keep cooperating. I wanted to know what happens at this point? What can dcf do? Can my children be taken away? Do i have to keep cooperating and taking drug tests?

1. Brent Allan Rose

1

Answered . Yes, your children can now be taken away. A refusal to cooperate is considered automatic guilt by DCF. A refusal to take the drug test is considered a failure of the drug test. When DCF receives multiple calls which result in "unfounded" (dismissed) allegations, they take the calls less seriously, but you don't get to decide for them when they should stop investigating. You now need to hire a lawyer. Now.

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

Answered . Yes your children can be taken away. You are in a very serious situation and should contact an attorney in your area directly to assist you and make sure you are in compliance.