Someone please tell me how I was arrested without a warrant in hand, then handed one after I was booked, is that practical

Charleston, SC |

But charges later dropped due to no witnesses showing up in court. Will add details to your questions, after you post

based on the word of my neighbor calling cops, about dv. my wife told cops I was not home from work and didn't know what the neighbor was talking about. can we civil sue this neighbor? Thank you

1. Should've added your details upfront, that's analysis works.

Nothing necessarily amiss in what you posted.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

2. You are going to give us enough information with which to answer your question after we post answers?

Ummm, it doesn't work that way, Charleston. Try again and be direct.

3. Need the details. Many instances where a cop can arrest without a warrant. For example, if the cop witnesses the crime or stops a suspect for a routine traffic stop only to find the motorist fits the description of the perpetrator of a recent crime.