Skip to main content

Someone on facebook has made an account using my pictures and my name pretending to be me how do i trace the IP to find out who

Mcdonough, GA |

can i get a police officer or detective to take care of this. they are also talking to my friends as if they were me and now my friends dont know what to trust wether they are talking to me or not. how do i get to the bottom of this

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This is a violation of the terms of service for Facebook. You should report it to them right away. I believe they will act in that this is the type of abuse they want to stop.

Whether police will help is not something I can speculate about. If there is the potential for criminal action, they might get involved.

Report this to Facebook right away.

Start your own Facebook page and tell everyone what is happening.

Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer