Someone is going to put me on the Internet without my permission if I ask her to take it down and she doesn't can I sue

Westminster, CO |
Filed under: Video recording laws

I am 12 and this is a school project

Good question. It depends on what type of picture she is posting and in what type of posting she is referencing you. Does she mention you by name? I would address this with the school administration and the teacher handling the project first and foremost about your lack of comfort with the situation. Good luck

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

You should bring this up with your teacher and/or the school administration, like your counselor, and most importantly, your parents. Neither your picture or your name should be posted on the Internet without your permission. Under Colorado law, you have a right of privacy and own the right over your image, and nobody can use the same without your permission.

The information that is placed in this response is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Thomas P. Howard, Esq., nor is it intended to be relied upon as a replacement for legal advice from an attorney.

Video recording laws topics