Someone Help Me!! Do I have a case against a Las Vegas Hotel for a slip and fall in the shower?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

Just washing my hair with dispenser shampoo, rinsing out and then I am on the floor with my left leg behind me. Ambulance takes me to the nearest E.R. and I file a case with the hotel. Just finished surgery for leg that was dislocated, torn ligaments, chipped cartilage and knee sanded to shape. Received letter from hotel and they said they are not liable and not giving anything. They gave me code number for the approved bathtub and dismissing case.

Called 2 lawyers in Nevada and they said they couldn't help because of the code on the bathtub. So I have no case?

You need to find a Nevada personal injury attorney to assist you.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

It depends. You need to consult with a personal injury attorney in Nevada for further advice. Check the Nevada state bar website for personal injury attorneys in that area. Good luck and speedy recovery.

This information is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only.

Proving legal responsibility is your delimma. Contact local and qualified counsel. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

There is no doubt that you have a substantial injury. In order to prevail, you would need to prove that there was a dangerous condition and that the hotel was on notice of the problem. There are ways to prove that, but you need to consult with a Nevada lawyer (in Las Vegas.) Some CA lawyers are licensed in Nevada also, which may make things easier for you. Good luck and I hope you have a full and complete recovery.

Consulting with a Nevada lawyer seems to be the problem because I have called for 2 days and the ones that I have reached don't want the case.

Robert Max Klein

Robert Max Klein

I recommend that you keep calling. I know there are going to be more who say no than yes; fighting a Las Vegas hotel is hard to do. All you need is one yes.

Call more lawyers in Vegas until someone takes it.

Showers are slippery, but have a Nevada attorney investigate

What caused you to fall?

The slippery bathtub and shampoo that they provide in the shower made the bottom slippery because I was just standing there washing my hair and when i tilted my head back to rinse then I was on the floor. There seemed to be no grip, mat or texture on the bottom but the paper from the hotel says it is up to code.

You didn't say what actually caused you to fall - Since you have substantial injuries you should call additional personal injury attorneys in NV. Was a shower mat present - which may or may not be important. Do not give up yet - try to locate an attorney who has handled this type of case. Best wishes

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.