Someone Help Me!! Do I have a case against a Las Vegas Hotel for a slip and fall in the shower?

Asked 12 months ago - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Just washing my hair with dispenser shampoo, rinsing out and then I am on the floor with my left leg behind me. Ambulance takes me to the nearest E.R. and I file a case with the hotel. Just finished surgery for leg that was dislocated, torn ligaments, chipped cartilage and knee sanded to shape. Received letter from hotel and they said they are not liable and not giving anything. They gave me code number for the approved bathtub and dismissing case.

Called 2 lawyers in Nevada and they said they couldn't help because of the code on the bathtub. So I have no case?

1. Mariam Mary Margaryan

12

1

Answered . It depends. You need to consult with a personal injury attorney in Nevada for further advice. Check the Nevada state bar website for personal injury attorneys in that area. Good luck and speedy recovery.

2. Robert Max Klein

Pro

11

1

Answered . There is no doubt that you have a substantial injury. In order to prevail, you would need to prove that there was a dangerous condition and that the hotel was on notice of the problem. There are ways to prove that, but you need to consult with a Nevada lawyer (in Las Vegas.) Some CA lawyers are licensed in Nevada also, which may make things easier for you. Good luck and I hope you have a full and complete recovery.

3. Malosack Berjis

11

Answered . You need to find a Nevada personal injury attorney to assist you.

Pro

10

1

Answered . Call more lawyers in Vegas until someone takes it.

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

10

Answered . Proving legal responsibility is your delimma. Contact local and qualified counsel. Good luck.

6. Tatiana Kadetskaya

8

Answered . Showers are slippery, but have a Nevada attorney investigate

7. Michael R Crosner

5

1

Answered . You didn't say what actually caused you to fall - Since you have substantial injuries you should call additional personal injury attorneys in NV. Was a shower mat present - which may or may not be important. Do not give up yet - try to locate an attorney who has handled this type of case. Best wishes

8. David Ian Schoen

Pro

7

Answered . What caused you to fall?