Someone has stole from our garage

Chesapeake, VA |

a 11 year old kid stole from our garage and we have two people who he told he stole them from me he asked a kid i know to come with him and steal and he claims not to have come ... but he now says tht he gave them to someone and i dont know who he is but he told him he knew me and would give them back to me he only gave me his name he stole something of 150 dollar value i dont know what to do

You've reposted the same question. In case you missed my first answer:

You should a) talk to the boy's parents, and b) if that is unproductive (do not make it an issue; walk away if the situation turns sour), call the police and make a report. If neither of those work, you can go to the Juvenile & domestic relations court and talk to intake about filing a petition against the child for the theft.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

If you know a crime was committed, you should contact the police.

Responses on AVVO do not establish an attorney-client relationship. All responses to questions should be used for informational purposes only. Always consult personally with an attorney prior to initiating or responding to any legal action.

You can always file a police report, but before doing so I would suggest you conference in with the parents and work towards an out of court solution.

I agree with the previous answers. You need to conference with the parents or file a police report.

The information contained in this message is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice, nor is it a substitute for professional legal services. Wolcott Rivers Gates disclaims the formation of an attorney-client relationship by use of AVVO, and no such relationship exists unless and until a written Fee Agreement has been endorsed by Wolcott Rivers Gates and the client. Furthermore, given the public nature of this forum, there can be no expectation of privacy, confidentiality, privilege, or any other protection from disclosure.