Someone has stole from our garage

Asked over 1 year ago - Chesapeake, VA

a 11 year old kid stole from our garage and we have two people who he told he stole them from me he asked a kid i know to come with him and steal and he claims not to have come ... but he now says tht he gave them to someone and i dont know who he is but he told him he knew me and would give them back to me he only gave me his name he stole something of 150 dollar value i dont know what to do

1. James Donald Garrett

4

9

Answered . You've reposted the same question. In case you missed my first answer:

You should a) talk to the boy's parents, and b) if that is unproductive (do not make it an issue; walk away if the situation turns sour), call the police and make a report. If neither of those work, you can go to the Juvenile & domestic relations court and talk to intake about filing a petition against the child for the theft.

2. Benjamin Pearce Titter

4

6

Answered . If you know a crime was committed, you should contact the police.

3. David Michael Mccormick

Pro

5

Answered . You can always file a police report, but before doing so I would suggest you conference in with the parents and work towards an out of court solution.

4. Stephen Patrick Pfeiffer

Pro

4

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answers. You need to conference with the parents or file a police report.