Someone had an restraint order against me. call me am i allowed to call them back?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sedalia, MO

A few years ago I was served a hering for a restraning order for an exs gf an other state. I was unable to travel to that state but sent a letter to the court house. My ex called me a few months ago and told me she still loved me and wanted to get back with me. She has stoped calling though and im worried for her that somethign happend, but i havnt tried calling cause im scared ill get in trouble with that restraining order. How ever i was never contacted by the court or by any police saying that she got it or not. One of the tiems she called me she said it was for 5 years, 3 years have passed. Am I able to contact her?

1. Joan Amendola Coulter

Pro

3

1

Answered . The best thing you can do is contact the court and get a copy of the restraining order. Then you will know exactly what it says and how long it is in place.

2. Lisa Douglas

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . You need to read the terms of the restraining order. Just because it is a restraining order does not necessarily mean it is a no contact order. Look at the order and follow it accordingly.

3. Timothy Ryan Brown

2

1

Answered . I would not call the person back. You should contact the court where she received the restraining order and ask if it is still in effect.

4. Elizabeth Jones

1

1

Answered . If you were never personally served with the restraining order then it is not in affect. If you were personally served then read the document to understand what restrictions are contained in it