Skip to main content

Someone claiming personal injury on premesis.

Long Beach, CA |

Received a letter from third party company asking for home insurance information. Apparently, an ex roomate is claiming personal injury when she lived with me over a year ago. Says that medical services where performed due to the injury. Don't recall any injury nor her advising me of such when she lived with me.

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Forward the letter to your home owners insurance carrier for them to handle.

    Marc Lazarus

  2. No question posted. However, turn the letter over to your insurance carrier asap with proof of delivery. Cooperate fully.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  3. Turn this over to your homeowner's insurance carrier. They will handle it for you.

    I will evaluate your case for free. I can also refer you to an attorney to help you if I cannot help you. Joyce J. Sweinberg, Esquire 215-752-3732 Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.

  4. If you have insurance, you can forward the letter to them. Otherwise consult with an attorney. You need to defend this if nothing really happened. Best of luck.

    I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

  5. If you have homeowners or renter's insurance if you are a renter, turn it over to your insurance company and they will hire a lawyer and defend if they can't settle the matter. Tell them you have no recollection of an incident and give them the names of any friends/witnesses that will be able to verify they did not witness nor were they told of any injury or complaints. Also, just beause she is claiming injury, doesn't make it so, ask her for the specifics of the claim, including medical records and any statements of the alleged event and injuries?
    If you are uninsured, consult a lawyer from the AVVO list!

    Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

  6. Send the letter to your homeowners insurance carrier to resolve.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  7. Report the potential claim to your homeowners or renters insurance carrier immediately. Let your carrier handle responding to the letter. If your ex roommate should assert a claim, your insurance carrier will handle it for you. Also, if your ex roommate files a lawsuit, your insurance carrier will then provide an attorney to represent you.

    This response is given solely as a general response to the question and does not create an attorney / client relationship between the questioner and responder.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics