Someone called the ins on my husben and now he's in jail.

Chicago, IL |

15 ago my huben got deported and came back legal and what can i do.

1. More facts are needed. You say he was deported and came back legally? What is his current immigration status then? We'd need to know about the reasons for his deportation, what he did in order to return to the U.S., and what is he being charged with now. If you mis-typed the word "legal" and actually meant "illegal", then that might make a big difference. It is possible that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) would reinstate the old deportation order and remove him from the U.S. without giving him an opportunity to bond out or have another hearing. I recommend that you hire an experienced immigration lawyer to look into his case further and contact ICE to determine what it intends to do. There are several lawyers at my firm with experience with detained cases. You can check out Anne Relias, Kathryn Weber and Elizabeth Rompf Bruen's Avvo profiles for three experienced and highly qualified attorneys that could advise you.

Scott D. Pollock
    Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
    105 W. Madison, Suite 2200
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 444-1940
    fax: (312) 444-1950
    e-mail: spollock@lawfirm1.com
    internet: www.lawfirm1.com

Please visit our renovated website at www.lawfirm1.com, which allows client access to case status, enhanced information on services, and other convenient features.