Someone called me from"DEA" and said i could be arrested because i ordered a medication online from dom republic.....yes i did 9

Thiensville, WI |

yrs ago not knowing it was illegal it was for fioricet for headache anyways she said she has officers ready to come to my house and arrest me but she said she could call the dom rep to see if they could just "fine" me....$7000 less if I can cooperate I would have to wire it and then she could call her officers off is this possible? I said i want to talkwith a lawyer and have him call her she would not give me phone number and said the deal of paying now is off and hung up

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM! THE DEA DOES NOT CALL SUSPECTS AND ASK THEM TO WIRE MONEY.

2. I would venture to guess this is a scam.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

3. SCAM.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.