Someone broke into my car and now after filing my claim my insurance company wants me to go and give a sworn oath in of court re

Sacramento, CA |

why are they trying to make me do this I need a lawyer for myself to help protect my legal rights cuz I do not understand what they're doing there was 3000 dollars of damage vandalism to my car and about 5000 dollars worth of merchandise stolen out of my trunk

Given the size of your loss, your insurance wants to make sure that you are not lying and trying to scam them with a false claim. All you have to do is tell the truth and you should be fine.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

I been tellin the truth and it's just seems like they just keep taking more and more information like they're trying to set me up for something it seems like they're trying to get involved in my personal life too much and its peak and it's starting to affect my job because you're making me take time off too much and their effect in my home life

I told them that some of the items that I bought I bought or received as guest but to replace the items will cost insurance company more so on my claim they have actual paid value ed actual value of the items so I put actual value on the item because I have replacement cost written into set so doesn't that mean that they have to replace the items for what the value of the items are and not what I paid for it that I see this is why I feel like I need somebody else to look over my policy and explain to me what to do that's why I'm on this side is being ignorant against she charge policies a crime I mean all they do is write in your policies a buncha snippets of different things and it doesn't even seem like it's real English they jump from 1 subject to another they jump from 1 subject to anothermy policy so was it wrong

They are doing this, because they don't believe that you had $5000 worth of merchandise in the trunk of the car, and if they catch you lying, they don't have to pay you anything. They know that over $8000 you likely will not sue. By taking your testimony, they lock you into a position at a time when you likely have received minimal legal counsel and when even if you have counsel, that counsel cannot object to the questions being asked. If you do so, they will have a quality transcript to use as evidence. They also want to see the receipts you have to support your claim that the items in the trunk were $5000, and when you give them those receipts, they will then contact all of the vendors to make sure that you didn't give them fake receipts,and that the values you assigned were appropriate. If you really had $5000 in merchandise in the trunk and have receipts, you'll be ok. Even so, you can afford it you should consult with an attorney and if possible bring one with you.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

I've already showed receipt for some of the items I've also show pictures of me wearing some of the stuff what they're mad about it because stuff is expensive clothing it isn't the amount of stuff is how much each item cost some of my jeans cost me 250 dollars some of my jackets cost up to 450 bucks to replace so what I will definitely try to find me a lawyer do you have any suggestions 21 here in Sacramento California that I can talk to

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

I don't have any recommendations. Its not that they are made. They don't believe you at all. It's amazing how many people have $5000 worth of clothing in their trunks when their cars are broken into. You can call your bar association for recommendations for a Plaintiff insurance attorney.

it was only 7 items with in my suitcase in my trunk it was a small overnight bag that I have went to Tahoe I was only in Tahoe for some hours to play poker in a small spot game I dress very nice when I play poker when I bought the things they cost me 1 thing but on my policy they have replacement cost and that's what they're mad about because to buy the items brand new will cost them much more

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Look, I'm not the one you have to convince. I've taken over 100 euo's for insurance companies over the past 25 years, and I doubt you'd make it through one of mine without being caught in a handful of lies. Your already indicating here ON A PUBLIC MESSAGEBOARD, that you didn't pay what you made claim for. You really do need counsel.

some of it even cross less now

but I put all that information on my item item informed that they sent me

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

No one can advise you without reviewing your policy, and looking at what information you already gave them.

I am assuming they are asking you to sit for an Examination Under Oath. This is rather standard in theft and vandalism cases and your policy likely states sitting for the EUO is one of your obligations to perform.

You are absolutely allowed to have any attorney there to represent you and in many cases you should have an attorney there.