Someone accidental dialed my phone and my voicemail recorded their conversation. I know them, can I share the voicemail.

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Civil rights

The voicemail has members who speak negatively of a member in a nonprofit. We all belong too it as voting members, and I want to share the voicemail at the next general board meeting.

They are aware of the voicemail and do not want it shared saying they do not give consent.

1. You should DEFINATELY contact a TX attorney BEFORE you spring this at the board meeting. In many states, there must be at least one party in a taped conversation that is aware of the taping --in the scenario you describe, its sounds possible for the parties to deny knowledge they were being taped--making your recording of it a criminal act and your publication of it a compounding factor that could get you--maybe your organization--sued. Tread carefully and let that TX attorney hear the tape and the circumstances of the indident as soon as you can.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

2. I recommend you speak to a lawyer before you do anything. If the voicemail is taken out of context and then shared with third parties to defame them... you may be liable for your actions. If they are really negative people like you say - you don't need the voice mail you can simply let time pass and everyone else will soon discovery the truth without the voice mail.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.

Civil rights topics