I am married with a US Citizen. However, me and my wife (petitioner) cannot meet the income requirement. As such, we are looking for sponsor.
My uncle, a US citizen, is retired. He is married and a father of three but all his children are over 21 and independent.
1. Do my uncle's family members have anything to do with the household size in my case?
2. In my case, what is the household size? Me(intended immigrant), my wife (petitioner), and my uncle (the sponsor)?
3. If my retired-uncle cannot meet the income requirement because he is retired, are there any other solutions?
Such as combining his assets (the houses he owns, the cars he owns, and a good amount of cash on his bank account etc.)
4. In my case, which box should I check under Part 1 (Basis For Filing)?
1. If he doesn't list them on his 1040, they can be ignored. Re-read the instructions closely.
2. Two = uncle + sponsored immigrant. Re-read the instructions closely.
3. Yes, there is an asset option. Re-read the instructions closely.
4. Re-read the instructions closely.
5. Consider paying an attorney for a consultation if you remain confused after you re-read the instructions closely.
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
29,269 answers this week
3,028 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary