Some one did repairs on my home and I found flaws [ have paid ] and he will not come back nor answer my calls . what can I do

Asked over 1 year ago - Sumter, SC

I had doors replaced and there are holes big enough for my hand to fit through. Door will not lock because not lined up right. I did not see this because I am short but my daughter found it This is home I rent out.

1. Paul Dezso de Holczer

1

Answered . Hopefully, you used a worker who is licensed and bonded -- but it sounds as if you did not. You can sue this person in magistrate's court but, depending on how much he was paid, you may determine that is best to get an actual contractor to fix the problem and write off the shabby work as a hard lesson learned. If this person installed any locks, I would suggest that you change the locks since the person may be dishonest as well as incompetent and may have kept a duplicate key for a later visit. Much depends on how much you paid for the work.
    Also, in future, pay some up front and hold th e balance until you review the work. Few reputable workmen will begrudge you that.

2. David B Pittman

Pro

1

Answered . If the contract was licensed, call the contractor licensing board and complain. If not small claims court.