Solicitation of prostitution: Texting through cell phone

Chicago, IL |

I exchanged text messages and a phone call with a prostitute. I asked her the rate and gave her approximate, but not the exact location of where I lived. Assuming the texting records remain on her cell phone, can I get charged for solicitation of prostitution later on when she gets arrested as a result of law enforcement's sting operation and the enforcement discovers our text messages?

Two suggestions. First, don't' talk about this on the internet. Second, you need to talk to a Criminal Law attorney near you right away. You can look for one here on Avvo under the Find a Lawyer tab. Or you can call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Criminal Law attorney near you. If you can not afford an attorney then you should tell them and ask for a public defender (it may be called something else in your particular state). If this answer was helpful, please give a “Vote Up” review below. Thanks for asking and good luck.

Click here to find a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys

Click here for a list of state and local attorney bar associations

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Click the link to find a Consumer Law attorney near you.