Sole Custody (L&P) Visit by mutual agreement only, if I relocate OR take ext vacation closer to NCP can he try to motion

Asked 4 months ago - San Francisco, CA

I have sole custody of both our children (physical and legal) and visitation is by mutual agreement of both parties (only,) so essentially I am free to move about now after having gone through the hoops.
Thanks to DCSS filing for reduction of child support amount (which is okay w me short term, he was laid off and is on Unemployment) I now may be stating a case for child support all over again. I want to include visitation travel as we agreed he would pay that since he moved away, and I also want to include cost of living as anticipated and show cost in San Francisco (as one option to split the difference between L.A. and his smaller town.) IF we moved closer could he then file to restrict our movement in a way it is not now?

1. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . The court will always have jurisdiction over the issue of child support, visitation and custody as it is to protect the children. It is a possibility but as the years pass it is less and less a possibility.

2. Robert Andrew Michael Burns

1

Answered . This seems quit dysfunctional. Yes, "IF [you] moved closer could he then file to restrict our movement in a way it is not now" and he can do if you don't move closer.

Unless he has returned to the workforce you have little to gain with your support motion except an order requiring him to make contacts in the Greater Depression. I would utilize the Co. Dep. of Child Support Services to pursue any support motion.