SOL on a Misdemeanor ID theft.? Define ID theft in CA ?

Asked 11 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Recently i was notified of warrant unknown and im concerned what can occur. Im trying to care for 2 matters at same time since i had a pending OR in another courtroom for driving w suspended License

Actual date of occurrence 02/1/12 filed 06/7/13 ct hearing 7/7/13 and Warrant issued 8/7/13
?????? LA COUNTY cths i am presuming for a driving violation. And haven't used that ID info anymore. Totality of time from date of incident is 16mos after???? CONFUSED???

1. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Typically one year from the date of the occurrence to the date of the filing. If the filing is aged, then you may have other alternatives for a dismissal so contact an attorney to discuss further. I have a website that's several pages long on the topic of identity theft, but the short answer is identity theft occurs when someone uses another person's personally identifying information, like a person's name, Social Security number, or credit card number or other financial information, without permission, to commit fraud or other crimes.

I wish you the best.

www.DigitalEsq.com
    for Fairness & Your Freedom because sometimes good people find themselves in unpleasant situations
    (800) 409-7010

2. Athina Karamanlis Powers

Pro

Answered . Depends.Lewis v Clark is. Maryland case can give you guidance in your question.
    Identity theft and series of crimes that were committed by the use of that stolen identity result in different statutes of limitations.
    We can not isolate the issue just to identity theft. That identity theft can be connected with larceny or other crimes that have more than one year statute of limitations.
    You need a lawyer that really knows about fraud .
    Some of us in avvo like me are fraud examiners (CFE's) and we can help you with your issues

3. Jason Andrew Davis

Answered . Without the specific statute, it is difficult to say. Generally, however, California misdemeanor's have a one year statute of limitation and California felonies have a 3 year statute of limitations - with some exceptions.