Social security disability CDR

Columbus, OH |

This year I was scheduled for my continuing disability review. I received a one page questionnaire and returned it. Approximately 3 weeks later I got a letter telling me they were going to review my case, but they do not need to review my case at this time. They said they will not contact my doctor now. They will keep any information I have given them.

I have been on disability since 2004 for schizoaffective disorder. I am 49 now and have had three reviews before. One after I worked for a month. Do you know if there may be reviews in the future?

I am adding tags to increase the chance of a response.

David Mallen

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.

Could there be reviews in the future? Sure. Make sure you are keeping up with your treatments for if/when they start a review.

My response does not constitute legal advice, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between us. My response to your question is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with an attorney.

Yes, there will be reviews in the future, but they may be abbreviated due partly to the number of reviews that fund you not improved. With schizoaffective disorder it is likely the disability evaluators will always look at your case through rose-colored glasses, and you will always be considered a MIP (Medical Improvement Possible.)

Best wishes for a favorable outcome, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Social Security can review as many times or as frequently as they desire. Further reviews become less likely with the passage of time.

This information is provided as a public service to provide a general answer and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

SSA is supposed to review all claims every 3 to 7 years. Many times the review consists of exactly what you describe - a contact with you, a form filled out and a letter explaining that you wil stay on benefits.

So, yes, you can expect more reviews, at least until you are over 55.

Hope that helps!!

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Social security topics