Social security card

Santa Barbara, CA |
Filed under: Social security

Dear attorneys,I have such a question.Here is a story,which I recently heard.One person said,that he knows a guy,who is an immigrant and had a work permit,which allowed him to work,when his work permit expired,he did not renew it,because it costs almost 400 dollars,instead,he somehow made a social security card with his own number on it and he had a driver license as well and he keeps working...Do you think it can be true and do you think there is a chance that he will get caught with that and how?Would be very interesting to hear your opinion.Thanks.

I agree with my colleagues. Anything, including this, can be true but he will get caught and he will face serious charges.
    Keep your distance from that scenario.

2. Do I think it can be true? Yes. Do I think it's legal? No.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

3. Your friend made a fraudulent SS card. He's liable for criminal offenses. Do not follow your friend in his line of thinking.

Social security topics