Social security amount

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, GA

I'm 22 disabled i have bipolar , schizophrenia and Potsdam i can't work i get $ 710 for sis is there a way i can get a higher amount ?

I became disable when i was 13

1. Clifford Michael Farrell

7

Answered . No. The maximum benefits paid to an individual for SSI is $710, and you are getting it.

Good luck to you.

2. Robert Perez Soto

2

Answered . Mr. Farrell is correct. There is no a way for you to increase your benefits. For 2013, the maximum monthly benefit amount for SSI is $710.00 per month.

Based on Cost of Living Adjustments ("COLA") the amount may increase slightly every 1 to 3 years. For example, the maximum monthly benefit amount for 2012 was $698, which was increased to $710 for 2013. In other words, in the furture, you may receive more. However, currently, you are receiving the maximum SSI benefit.

3. Ruthann P. Lacey

Answered . You could get more if you lived in a state that pays a State Supplement. Georgia is not such a state. Another way to get more income is if you were determined to be disabled before your 22nd birthday, then at the disability, retirement, or death of a parent you can take SSDI benefits on the parent's record.