Social security

Temecula, CA |

if the social security calculate the benefits that my child will might receive after the phone interview does it mean that my child is eligible for survivor benefits? she told me to wait 30 to 45 business day.

1. The most effective way to get information from SSA about the issue you are raising is to either do a walk-in appointment or make a telephone appointment to meet in person with an SSA District Office staff person. You will need to have prove of your child's parentage and your relationship to the person who has died or become disabled and thus qualified the child for dependents' or survivors' benefits on that deceased or disabled person's SSA earnings record.

This advice is not a substitute for a thorough evaluation of all of the facts of your situation by an attorney or advocate in your community with a background in Social Security benefits law.

2. I concur with the most excellent answer from my esteemed colleague, Attorney Macklin.

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.

Social security topics