Social security

Asked almost 2 years ago - Temecula, CA

if the social security calculate the benefits that my child will might receive after the phone interview does it mean that my child is eligible for survivor benefits? she told me to wait 30 to 45 business day.

1. Daphne Lori Macklin

5

Answered . The most effective way to get information from SSA about the issue you are raising is to either do a walk-in appointment or make a telephone appointment to meet in person with an SSA District Office staff person. You will need to have prove of your child's parentage and your relationship to the person who has died or become disabled and thus qualified the child for dependents' or survivors' benefits on that deceased or disabled person's SSA earnings record.

2. Brian S Wayson

1

Answered . I concur with the most excellent answer from my esteemed colleague, Attorney Macklin.