Skip to main content

So the police officer told me don't worry about is just assault class c they will not send u back to Mexico

Brownsville, TX |

The lawyer that I hire he clean my record because there it was no charges on me but I am still married because I lo e my wife and my kids can I still apply to become a USA citizen or what can I do my green card expires on 2021 but I will love to become a USA citizen not because I want to feel safe but I will love to be able to vote and die here with my kids

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You need to consult with an immigration law attorney. They will be in the best position to advise you of the consequences of a class c charge. Contact your criminal defense attorney and ask them to recommend an immigration law attorney. It might cost you, but it will be worth it if you consider the alternative.

    Follow me: This answer does not create a legal relationship.

  2. This is an immigration law question. I am moving it to that section of avvo.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

  3. Based on what you wrote, you will likely not qualify to obtain U.S. citizenship at this time. A single conviction of simple assault with no aggravating circumstances will not likely affect your green card. The criminal defense attorney you choose to help with the assault charge will have the obligation of correctly advising you regarding the immigration consequences of your plea or conviction. That criminal defense attorney will likely coordinate with an immigration attorney. It will help in the meantime for you not to admit fault.

    For more information, call (888) 483-0311. This information is general in nature and is not legal advice to be relied upon for any particular matter.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics