So my husband opened a cable acct, we had the service for 2 weeks and it was shut off due to another account with his social

Asked 7 months ago - Tacoma, WA

security number being used. We found out someone used his last name social and a different first name they gave us the address and we found out it was the mother of his kids! She had this service for a year and now he wants to sue because one she did this with no permission and two Comcast wont give him service because all of this confusion. He filed a police report but never heard back if anything happened. What can he do

1. D K Kevin Dugan

2

Answered . He should also go to all credit agencies and report the problem to clear his credit history. Send them a copy of the police report. If he really wants to sue the mother of his children, he should contact a local attorney.

2. David J. McCormick

2

Answered . I agree with Attorney Dugan, you need to report this to all the credit bureaus as an identity theft.

3. Mikel Edward Lupisella

1

1

Answered . Yes, report it to the credit agencies, speak to a local civil attorney and, in addition, I would strongly suggest that he go to the local field office with his ID and birth certificate and get a new social security number. If she knows it, what is going to stop her from using it again?
    The local field office is located at 2608 South 47th Street, Suite A, Tacoma, WA 98409.