So my husband opened a cable acct, we had the service for 2 weeks and it was shut off due to another account with his social

Asked 7 months ago - Tacoma, WA

security number being used. We found out someone used his last name social and a different first name they gave us the address and we found out it was the mother of his kids! She had this service for a year and now he wants to sue because one she did this with no permission and two Comcast wont give him service because all of this confusion. He filed a police report but never heard back if anything happened. What can he do

Attorney answers (3)

  1. D K Kevin Dugan

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He should also go to all credit agencies and report the problem to clear his credit history. Send them a copy of the police report. If he really wants to sue the mother of his children, he should contact a local attorney.

    The information you obtain from this website is not legal advice. Please contact us at 954-916-2667 or... more
  2. David J. McCormick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Attorney Dugan, you need to report this to all the credit bureaus as an identity theft.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being... more
  3. Mikel Edward Lupisella

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Yes, report it to the credit agencies, speak to a local civil attorney and, in addition, I would strongly suggest that he go to the local field office with his ID and birth certificate and get a new social security number. If she knows it, what is going to stop her from using it again?
    The local field office is located at 2608 South 47th Street, Suite A, Tacoma, WA 98409.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,856 answers this week

2,724 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,856 answers this week

2,724 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary