So I went to court on Monday, for a Huntley, cop no showed, no discovery.. Trial set for tomorrow by judge???!

Bronx, NY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

Can someone tell me what this might mean, is this legal?

You are entitled to the Huntley hearing before trial. However, the case can go right from the hearing to trial... that is common.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Yes, if there are no other pre-trial matters to resolve.

The Huntley was to which the cop got my statement which he claims I made, i was passed out from drinking he woke me up them beat the living shiit out of me

Steven Warren Smollens

Steven Warren Smollens

Don't confess in an Online forum with a case heading to trial. Your lawyer would be shocked that you are discussing your live case on the Internet. Good luck.

What am I confessing, that a cop beat me up? The only thing I did wrong was walk home instead of taking a cab Thank you means a lot

Steven Warren Smollens

Steven Warren Smollens

OK. You missed the point.

Im moving this to criminal heading.

If you're not already, you should be represented by a criminal defense attorney. If you don't know a private attorney or can't afford one, contact Legal Aid immediately.

I am an attorney admitted solely in NY. None of the answers I submit on this forum constitutes legal advice, even to questioners in NY, and no attorney-client relationship is hereby created.

I agree with my colleagues. You should get a criminal defense attorney ASAP. Its worth it.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.