So i went to a hearing mandatory settlement conference n my lawyer said all they where offering was $5,000

North Hollywood, CA |
Filed under: Litigation

She said she cld try to get me more but the council had left n told she will give me a call back. then two weeks later i receive a letter saying it appearing that defendant has filed an order compelling attendance at deposition and there having been no petition to compel filed with the court good cause not appearing it is ordered that the proposed order compelling attendance at depositiin should be and hereby is denied.. what does that mean help

1. Apparently the defendant tried to get an order to compel you to attend a deposition without first making a motion. It sounds very strange.

I assume you have asked your lawyer. She would know best.

2. This is a duplicate post.

3. Doesnt make a lot of sense. It seems like the deft wanted to take your deposition. I assume that the trial date is coming up, and discovery usually is cut off 30 days before trial. The defense apparently tried in some way to get the court to order you to appear for a deposition, and their request was denied. Your atty should be able to give you the details.

4. You have a lawyer, you need to contact her--she has all the details.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Litigation topics