So i was wondering if it is illigal to have sex with a 16 year old if i am 18 in the state of New York and if she told me she wa

Baldwin, NY |

s 17 years old will i get in troubloe if she agreed to it?

1. Yes...she has to be 17. Doesn't matter if she says she was 17 if she was 16.....still illegal!

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. The age of consent in New York is 17. It does not matter what she told you. You should have checked her ID. If this happened, make no further confession on this public web site. If not (yet), do not do it. If you did, consult an attorney.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

3. You and your parents may want to consult an experienced defense attorney pronto. I'm just sayin'.

Law Office Of Michael Marley
    Phone 917 853 4484

4. The legal age of consent in NY is 17. Het saying she was 17 is not s defense.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.