So i was arrested for a DUI in January 2013. and then arrested again for the second DUI in August 2013.

Bloomfield, CT |

For my first DUI, I did not have the money to hire an attorney. So to avoid a conviction the court told me to join the alcohol education program.attend a MADD panel Meeting and 50 hours of community service. So I have done every thing the court told me to do for my first DUI to avoid a conviction.
Then in August 2013 I got my second DUI, Hired an attorney , and he told me what would happen , I became a first offender. I have been put on probation for 18 months, gotta do 100 hours of community service. Attend a MADD panel meeting. and have an Inter ignition device installed in my car . The fact that I have been convicted of a DUI as a first offender , under C.G.S section 14-227a.
I am OK with that as i will have it expunged later on in the future.
Turns out that I have a court hearing

Regarding my first DUI .. So my questions are will I be convicted of the first DUI ??? or will I be asked to retake some classes to avoid the conviction ?? Will my license be suspended again ??? Will I have to attend MADD meeting again ?? WIll I have to do community service again ??? PLease help thank you

Your participation in the alcohol education program for your first DWI will be deemed "unsatisfactory" in light of the subsequent arrest and conviction for another DWI. Your first DWI will be redocketed for further prosecution by the court. Your options will be 1). go to trial or 2). plead out as a first offender. You cannot be charged as a second offender for your first DWI. If you plead out you will probably have a sentence that mirrors the one you received for your second DWI. However, your license will, in all likelihood, be suspended for 3 years and you will probably have to delay the installation of the inter lock ignition device. Also, regarding the claim you will have it expunged later- don't be so sure of that. It's certainly not going to happen in the near future, particularly if you have 2 convictions for DWI and would be facing a mandatory jail sentence of 1 year for a 3rd conviction with in 10 years.

Sir Thank you for explaining to me in detail . much appreciated . best

Sir . I have a question regarding what you mentioned above in that statement about my licence being suspended . I already had my licence suspended for 3 months for the first dui . and had it reinstated . Now I am goona have the Breathalyzer installed . and will be on the road in less than a month's time .. But dont you think having my licence suspended for 3 years will be punishing me twice for the same mistake ?? Is this not against the US law ??

You do not indicate whether you successfully completed the Alcohol Education Program. if so, then the charge was dismissed and is not on your record. If you picked up the next DUI before you completed the Alcohol Education Program, there is a very real risk that the program will be terminated and the case returned to the court docket. You should speak to an experienced attorney- it is very important this be handled correctly to avoid serious ramifications.

Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no specific action should be taken in reliance thereon. No attorney-client relationship is created through this response. You should speak to an licensed attorney in your state who is competent to answer your question before taking any action with regard to this question.

Sir I successfully completed the alcohol education program. But the bad news is that I got the second DUI a week before I completed it . Since I told my instructor at the alcohol education program at the wheler clinic what happened. He told me That I should attend the last class of the program and and get the certificate , He even told me that i will probably have to attend the classes again . and he even told me to join the relapse prevention program at the wheler clinic . which i did and am about to finish in about a month from now . So do you think the above information will help me not being convicted for my first DUI ...

These are complex questions to a complex fact pattern. You should ask the lawyer you paid to represent you.

DUI court topics