So I recorded a face to face conversation in a public Utah library, and without the other party's consent. Likely legal?

Orem, UT |

(So, is that legal to record in the public library above) ? Another question is: He was ambiguous in his answers, and NOT definitive. So, unless he were to have been more of a yes or no in his answers - but instead being vague - I'm feeling the court won't see things as straight forward - but instead weakening my case. What do you think? And, one last question: I recorded with tortuous intent "according to what the other guy will say". Will this harm my case if done with tortuous intentions? Thank you!!!

I recorded a face to face conversation in a public Utah library, without the other party's consent, which apparently is legal... During the recording : The person was very ambiguous in his answers, and NOT definitive. So, unless he were to have said more concrete yes or no's in his answers - but instead being vague - I'm feeling the court won't see things as straight forward (Because they are not Yes or No's) - but instead weakening my case. What do you think? And, one last question: I recorded with tortuous intent "according to what the other guy will say". Will this harm my case if done with tortious intentions? Thank you!!!

1. Determining if its Legal to tape in your state is only the first step.

Getting the tape admitted as evidence is the real hurdle. It's not like on TV, where you simply introduce the video and it runs. If you are facing opposing counsel, odds are you won't get the tape admitted anyway , unless you have your own attorney.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.