So I need a malpractice attorney or do I need an attorney for slander/libel?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kinston, NC

My primary care Physician wrote false statements about my dead father in my medical records which can be seen by all doctors' online... I am hurt and embarrassed by what she said and now they wont take it off the website. I don't understand why she did that and I think her behavior was really unethical and uncalled for. Is there anything I can do?Or Can someone please help me save my father's now tainted name

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact state medical board.

  2. John M Connell


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . See my answer on your other similar question.

  3. Matthew C Simon


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It sounds like defamation [libel], however; unless you have tangible economic damages, you dont have a case. File a complaint with the Board of Ethics.

    The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,087 answers this week

3,329 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,087 answers this week

3,329 attorneys answering