Skip to main content

So i know this girl and her parents are very disrectful and abuisive and her brother is just sexually abusive could she move out

Vancouver, WA |

parents hit and call names brother steals underwearand talks very nasty of her

Attorney Answers 2

  1. If she is being sexually or physically abused, then she should talk to a trusted adult such as a teacher, counselor, or pastor immediately. She can call the police or child protective services if necessary.

    Be very careful of stepping into the middle of this. Of course if someone is being abused you should say something, but make sure you really understand what is going on. It would be best if she would make any reports herself.

    A minor can't just move out and be on their own, the state will want to be sure she lives somewhere safe if she cannot live at home.

    My comments are general statements of the law in Washington and are not meant to be legal advice. Specific legal advice requires an in-depth interview, review of past or ongoing court or agency actions or cases, and an evaluation of the special circumstances of each case.

  2. The girl should be advised to discuss her situation with the Washington State Children's Protective Service. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides about CPS for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although these Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. There are always exceptions to the general rules. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 31 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”. © Bruce Clement

    ©Bruce Clement. This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.