Skip to main content

So i am being charged with delivery of a controlled substance. i believe it was my boss who set me up.. i never sold him anythin

Petoskey, MI |

He lent me 6 of his pills because we were both on the same script (which we've done prior) and mine were gone & I needed a few to get me through until my doctors appt. Then when it came time to pay him back I told him I didn't have the money to get them out of the pharmacy so he told me he had cash to get them out. I went and got the pills I owed him & used the cash he gave me to get them out. Then with in minutes after that was all done the cops arrested me and informed me I was being charged with delivery and manufacturing of a controlled substance. Is this considered a controlled buy even though I wasn't out "selling" him them and to make a profit??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


These facts tend to support the charge. You may have a defense though and I would contact a good criminal law attorney ASAP.


You should get an attorney without making any further statements to the police. Or anyone not your attorney.

John Freeman

John Freeman


This includes refraining from writing anything further on the internet!


Yes, this charge is valid. You need to hire and attorney who can present your side of the story to prosecutors and hopefully get this charge dismissed.

The statements made here are opinion only and do not constitute legal advice nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, from the facts that you have provided will allow legal support for a the charge. Hopefully, because of your extenuating circumstances, you can try to get a plea agreement to a lesser charge. You should not speak about the facts of this case to anybody, and I highly suggest that you hire a lawyer to represent you in this case.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer