So how do I go about finding A lawyer willing to help someone like me with no money get justice for the thief of my idea?

Niagara Falls, NY |

Me and my husband submit an idea to a company and they took the basic part of my idea and market it even after they sold me a patent for $3000 .

Do anyone have a lawyer friend they can recommend?

Use Find a Lawyer here to locate an intellectual property lawyer. See if you can find one who will take the case on a contingency basis. If you got a patent, you may be able to enforce it.

We can be reached at 215-545-2201. Our firm has lawyers licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and in the Federal Courts of those states. The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

You should use the AVVO find a lawyer feature and look for an attorney who specializes in intellectual property. Try to get a fee agreement that is contingent upon success.

The content of the this submission is intended to provide general information on the topic presented, and is offered with the understanding that the author is not rendering any legal or professional services or advice. This submission is not a substitute for legal advice. Should you require such services, retain competent legal counsel.

Use the Find A Lawyer tab. Some IP lawyers will take a case on contingency.

Feel free to contact me at (212) 577-9797 or by email at: I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Pro bono representation topics

Recommended articles about Pro bono representation