Smith/Osler question??? I have never recieved any portion of my ex-husbands bonus' and my support was calculated based on it..

Asked over 4 years ago - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

How do I get the smith/osler enforced? Will they pay me back for the past 2yrs that i haven't recieved it?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jesus L Zuniga


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Make sure that the order specified you would get a percentage of the bonus. If that was the case he is in contempt for not paying it. You need to take him back to court to encorce the order.

  2. Gary D Sparks


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You need to find out how exactly how much the other party actually earned, and may need to do some discovery to obtain back pay records, pay stubs, tax returns, etc. You could request an updated Income & Expense Declaration, but I don't think will give you enough detail.

    You may find out that you are owed a lot of money, but you may also find out that the other party's income has been lower than expected over the past two years (given the state of our economy) and that no additional support is owing.

  3. Rebekah Ryan Main


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Was your support being enforced by a wage assignment order? If so, the employer should have been keeping an eye on this very issue. If not, then you should consider getting such an order at this point. In any event, a consultation with a family law attorney will help you to answer this question. Best of luck to you.

    This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,444 answers this week

2,904 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,444 answers this week

2,904 attorneys answering