Skip to main content

Small claims court-How to file motion to compel for private contractual arbitration (JAMS) Connecticut?

Bristol, CT |

See question

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


small claims generally cannot handle things like that. Remove the small claims matter to Superior Court first and then file the motion to compel

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


You Will Only Be Able To Compel Such Arbitration If There Is A Contract Which Provided For Such Arbitration. If There Is Such A Contract It Will Usually spell Out How To Demand Such Arbitration. Usually It Will Require Written Notice To The Other Party. Understand That Arbitration Can Be Very Expensive. Much More So Than Small Claims Court.

Disclaimer: The foregoing answer does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Cannella or her firm. This answer does not constitute legal advice, is provided for informational and educational purposes only for persons interested in the subject matter, is not legal opinion, nor confidential in nature. Each situation is fact specific and may be subject to state specific laws. Without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem fully.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer