SLO county jail overcrowding. Time Served

Glendale, CA |

I know that all county jails are overcrowded in Ca right now especially LA County.
Are they letting out inmates extremely early in Slo county jail like they are in LA county. How much time to expect to serve on a 180 day sentence.

Assuming your sentence is a non- violent and/or non serious felony you will get day-to-day credit bringing your sentence to 90 days. You'll need to wait and hear from a local SLO lawyer perhaps on this site to find out about earlier releases from SLO County Jail. Most of the jails are releasing inmates early for non-violent offenses because of overcrowding.

Every case is different. Specific facts of your case must be applied before relying on an answer to a general question. The answer given here is a general statement of the law on the issue that you presented in your question.

It's difficult to predict because its up to the jail. At most, I would expect that you'd serve 90 days, minus any credits that you have for time already spent in custody. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen

The unknown computer determines the time due to the level of overcrowding and nature of the crime, you could already be released in LA county, be patient

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI