Slip and fall accident

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

l file the lawsuit for slip and fall accident.l fell before 4 years ago . so l have questions. now l have it motion for summary judgment .how long will this process take it for the judge to answer. and after that if nothing happened, if my case going to jury trail so how long proximately time will be take in to go to jury trail.any answer will help at me for my situation .thank you for all of you who is going to answer

1. Judy A. Goldstein

15

1

Answered . Based upon the few facts you have presented, it is clear you are in over your head. Do yourself a favor and hire an attorney.

2. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

14

1

Answered . You're asking for legal advice. That's why you hire a lawyer in the first place.

It's not too late. Talk to one of us soon!

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

3. Louis Joseph Meyer

Pro

13

Answered . Did you do this case pro se? Slip and fall cases are tricky. What did the defendants argue in their summary judgment motion? Hard to answer your questions without more. Also, your questions are not very clear.

4. Chen Kasher

11

1

Answered . Although I encourage you to get an attorney, I can take a shot at your questions:

1) You should have obtained a briefing schedule for the motion for summary judgment. This briefing schedule includes time for your response and their reply. After that, there is usually a hearing where the judge will grant or deny summary judgment. If he or she grants it, they will provide you with an explanation for why you have not mustered enough evidence to go to trial. This decision can be appealed to the First District.

If they moved for summary judgment, it does not bode well for you. That said, from my experience, MSJs in slip and falls are more common.

2) After you complete the SJ and all discovery, you will certify that you have completed everything and the judge will transfer your case to Maddux. He will give you a room and set trial date.

Doing this yourself is a very bad idea. If you lose your MSJ, your case might as well be over. Reversals by the First District do happen, but they are rare.

chenkasher@gmail.com
    chenkasherlaw.vpweb.com
    (773) 853-3062

5. Christopher Daniel Leroi

11

Answered . You absolutely need to hire a personal injury attorney. Most of them take cases on a contingency fee.

Pro

9

Answered . Best bet is to get a local lawyer so your case doesn't get dismissed.

7. Tatiana Kadetskaya

8

Answered . Get a local lawyer so you have a shot at winning

8. Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Pro

8

Answered . Listen to Mr. Kasher.

9. Gerald R Stahl

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with Mr. Kasher, also.