Slip and fall

I slipped and fall at work on clear soap liquid on my way back to work I was on the break at the time

Decatur, GA -

Ainsworth G. Dudley Jr.

Ainsworth G. Dudley Jr.

Personal Injury Lawyer - Atlanta, GA

I agree with the prior response. however, you may wish to check and see if the floor is cleaned by a party other than your employer. Man employer's use third party cleaning services and they may be liable to you for their negligence.

Sponsored Listing
Lisa Morgan Edwards

Lisa Morgan Edwards

Personal Injury Lawyer - Macon, GA

You can't sue your employer in GA. You may have a workers' comp claim because you injured yourself while at work. However, if it was during a regularly scheduled work break, it may not be compensable. You are allowed to make claims for accidents that occur during the course of and scope of your employment, or while you are at your work place doing something in furtherance of your job duties. If your break was not a regularly scheduled break and it was over and you were on your way back to your job duties you have a claim.

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman

Personal Injury Lawyer - East Point, GA

If you were hurt at work, you file a workers comp claim with your employer. You can't sue the employer. (If a third party, such as an outside cleaning company, created the problem, you may be able to sue them). Discuss this with your lawyer.

Matthew C Simon

Matthew C Simon

Personal Injury Lawyer - Parsippany, NJ

If the accident happened during the course of your employment, which it seems like it did, you should get a workers compensation attorney.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Retain a workers comp lawyer.

Katherine L Jackson

Katherine L Jackson

Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer - Decatur, GA

I agree with the other attorneys' responses. If you were injured because of your fall, it sounds like you have a worker's comp case. Should you need any assistance handling your case, my firm is here in Decatur. 404-816-7374.

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer - San Jose, CA

You may have a work cmp claim, so see a comp atty. You may have a third party claim against the cleaning service if they are not employee of your employer. If the bldg isnt owned by you employer, you may be able to sue the owner of the bldg too.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.