Slip and fall: Is it too late to file a claim?

Marion, AR |

My niece slipped and fell on a wet store floor over two months ago. She said her leg was sore, but thought it would go away. She did not seek medical attention (she doesn't have insurance) and now she complains her leg still hurts. Is it too late for her to file a claim?

1. If against a municipality the time to file notice of intention may be close to expiring. Even then, an infant may have excusable grounds for late filing. Connecting an injury after 2 months may be more problematic. Consult with qualified legal counsel. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. Absolutely act ASAP and contact a local slip and fall lawyer.

Seth Carroll is licensed to practice in Virginia only. The preceding is for information only and should not be construed as legal advice. Always call a lawyer directly for advice.

3. No. But she needs to get the leg evaluated immediately.