Slander Vs Lible Is this a Lible statement. I hope this is clearer.

Danielson, CT |

I posted a sign in my yard "Welcome to White Trash Manor Thanks (insert name) for the inspiration proud of who we are". I have been called this in person and via the internet several times by them. They now have pictures on facebook of my storage area in my yard. Depicting us as trash and so forth. I removed the sign within 5 mins after she was yelling at me that i could not do that. And is now threatening me with a law suit. She had taken a photo of the sign and put it on facebook open to the public.It is my understanding that there had to be a third party in order for it to be slander in the first place.

This is a ridiculous squabble. The sign is an opinion, not defamation. Report the abuse to FB.

I agree with Mr. Lassen, this is laughable.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

I still don't think you have done anything that gives her a legitimate basis for a suit.